When builder Terry Hutchinson decided to build a home in Portland, Oregon's 2012 NW Natural Street of Dreams, he pulled in designer Mark Stewart to help complete the vision; they settled on inspirations from Leonardo Divinci as the design theme. Next they called upon tile installer Chris Campbell and tile artist Randy Hopfer from Tile Surface Impressions to create key design features for the home, including a 40"x40" porcelain tile mural of Divinci's La Scapigliata.
A design with large open beams and crafted stonework present the Divinci home as the premiere home of the 2012 Portland, Oregon Street of Dreams; a 40”x40” porcelain tile reproduction of Leonardo’s portrait of a woman’s head graces the entrance to the home, setting a soft inviting tone amidst strong architectural elements.
Builder Terry Hutchinson of Hutchinson Home Builders is passionate about every detail of his projects and worked extensively with designer Mark Stewart of Mark Stewart Home Designs in Portland, Oregon to create a masterpiece Leonardo himself would be proud of. Details and thoughtful architectural spaces are the secret of this design; aligning with Leonardo’s Canon of Proportions which inspired Mark’s work and led to the tile mural of Leonardo’s Vitruvian Man in the great room.
The entry way tile mural was produced by Randy Hopfer owner of Tile Surface Impressions in Vancouver, Washington; Hopfer created this mural using imported 20”x20” Italian porcelain tile; four tiles make up the 40”x40” porcelain artwork creating an intriguing focal point as you enter the home. Surrounding the mural is a field of impressive slate designed and installed by Chris Campbell of Campbell’s Tile Concepts in Portland, Oregon. The tile work is framed with stately wood beams that grace the architecture throughout the home.
Design, art, and science come together with inspiration and passion to create this truly Divinci inspired living space. Mark Stewart’s vision inspired by Leonardo Divinci's work is evident throughout the home; view the web site.
Builder, Terry Hutchinson accompanied by local designer Mark Stewart created this distinguished, luxury showplace. Like the Renaissance master it is named for, this home reveals brilliance at every turn. From the bold and animated exterior, to the strong detailing and sensitive use of color and materials, this truly is a work of art. But one that’s made for modern living — with great indoor-outdoor spaces, multi-use recreation room with bar, elegant gourmet kitchen, plus unique gardening, hobby and storage centers.
Da Vinci highlights:
• Main floor master suite with stunning master bathroom and vaulted walk in closet
• Impressive two-way natural stone fireplace between vaulted foyer and great room
• Formal dining area features full natural stone wall with art niches & hand stained beams
• Exclusive fine art collection displays including bronze masterpieces from The Vatican Collection and works from the Ghiglieri family
• Craft room complete with wrapping station and scrapbooking center
• 4,092 functional square feet including 3 bedrooms , 3 baths, plus a half bath Click here for floor plan
Da Vinci team:
• Builder: Terry Hutchinson, Hutchinson Home Builders
• Interior Design: Hutchinson Home Builders & Mark Stewart Interiors
• Home Plan Designer: Mark Stewart, Mark Stewart Home Design
• Represented by Hutchinson Home Builders, Heather Hutchinson, Builder Sales Representative (503)547-3656